- This involves the fertilisation of eggs ( also called oocytes ) with sperm in an incubator in the laboratory , by the embryologist .
- IVF treatment enables us to get more eggs as compared to natural cycle with a single egg to increase the statistical chances of a successful outcome . In order to achieve this , the ovaries are stimulated to increase the number of mature eggs available for fertilisation.
In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- In a Normal IVF a.k.a Conventional IVF , at least 100,000 sperm must be placed with each egg in order to achieve a successful fertilisation .
- ICSI treatment however , slightly different in the sense that the embryologist will choose one single sperm based on the the normal looking and moving sperm out of the million sperms and performs the procedure called ICSI , injection of the single sperm directly into each egg.
- Ever Link Fertility have a wide range of different clinical Protocols , depending on the patient’s clinical needs .
- The common protocols are Antagonist Protocol , Microdose Flare Protocol and also Mild IVF .
- The most appropriate protocol for you will be discussed during your consultations.
Embryo and Blastocyst
- Embryos ( growing fertilised eggs ) in the incubators are monitored by the embryologist and they are graded as they develop.
- Between Days 2 to 3 , they are called embryos and a good embryo would be between 4 to 6 cells on Day 2 and 6 to 10 cells on Day 3 .
Ever Link Fertility Centre is committed in combining world class technology and the highest standard of fertility care to ensure patients have the best chance of taking a healthy baby home with reasonable ivf treatment cost in Malaysia.
Intra Uterine Insemination ( IUI )
Artificial insemination , also known as Intra Uterine Insemination ( IUI ) is a simple fertility procedure akin having a smear test done .The semen is prepared to choose the active i.e motile and normal sperm s which is then concentrated prior to placement in the uterus using a catheter .
This is a good and simple option for mild semen abnormalities or for women who do not ovulate regularly.
Fertility Preservation ( Egg Freezing and
Embryo Freezing )
Egg freezing allows women to preserve their own eggs for future pregnancy while they are young and healthy . Egg freezing can be beneficial for a number of reasons including :
- Women who are recently diagnosed with early stage of cancer e.g breast cancer.
- Women who are planned for chemotherapy or ovarian surgery for medical reasons ( which will reduce their ovarian egg reserve ).
As the name suggest , Mild IVF is ‘lighter’ in approach as compared to Conventional IVF as described in IVF/ICSI section . Mild IVF focuses on the quality of eggs retrieved and work alongside the woman’s natural menstrual cycle with low doses of stimulating drugs ( lighter approach ) whereas conventional IVF uses higher doses of stimulating drugs to grow lots of follicles (immature egg cells).
Frozen Embryo Transfer ( FET )
Frozen embryo transfer ( FET ) , is part of an IVF cycle where the embryo (s ) ,whether Day 2/3 embryos or Day 5/6 blastocyst ,which were frozen in the earlier cycle , is thawed and transferred back into a naturally or medically prepared uterus in order to have a baby.
Genetic Screening ( PGT and NICS )
Preimplantation Genetic Testing is a reproductive technology used along with an IVF cycle to increase the potential for a successful pregnancy and delivery of a healthy child .
PGT is a genetic test on cells extracted from 5-6 days old embryos ( called blastocyst stage ), to help select the best embryo(s) in order to achieve higher pregnancy rate , reduce the miscarriage rate and also to avoid a genetic disease in the baby if either one or both parents are known to be a carrier of a specific genetic disease .
Some couples fail repeatedly after transferring good quality embryo(s) without any obvious reason and this becomes a major continuing problem after IVF/ICSI procedures. These women may fall into a category called Repeated Implantation Failure ( RIF ) which is defined as 2 or more unsuccessful embryo transfer in an IVF cycle using top quality embryo(s).
Surgical Sperm Retrieval ( SSR )
Azoospermia is a condition where there is ABSENCE of sperm in seminal fluid. Azoospermia is a diagnosis made on seminal fluid analysis ( SA ) after semen is analysedby the embryologist . About 40% of infertile couples are male related issues .
Azoospermia can be caused by a blockage of the vas deferens ( the tube that sperm pass through ) or reduced sperm production within the testes..
Egg Donor Programme
Sometimes we need a “gift” in the form of egg donation to achieve a miracle . Egg donation allows a woman to become pregnant when she’s unable to successfully conceive using her own eggs.
Common medical reasons using an egg donor are :
- Premature Menopause
- Diminished Ovarian reserve