- In a Normal IVF a.k.a Conventional IVF , at least 100,000 sperm must be placed with each egg in order to achieve a successful fertilisation .
- ICSI treatment however , slightly different in the sense that the embryologist will choose one single sperm based on the the normal looking and moving sperm out of the million sperms and performs the procedure called ICSI , injection of the single sperm directly into each egg.
- This treatment is tailored according to the sperm quality and clinical criterias which will be discussed prior to the IVF treatment initiation . Common indications for ICSI treatment are:
– Severe male factor
– Previous failed fertilization following a conventional IVF
– Unexplained infertility
– PGT is planned for the embryos